Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year - new ideas

Ellie's Treasures photo HNY.jpg


Happy New Year to you all.  I hope, for those who saw the new year in, you had a fun-filled evening, and for those who crept to bed before the midnight hour, I hope you weren't woken by fireworks and revellers!  I think this was the first year all four of us stayed up to hear Big Ben strike 12 and watch the fireworks from the comfort of our sofa.

With new year comes new thoughts and ideas.  For the first time since 2010 I've resurrected my trusty Filofax (yep, they're still around) for my hard-copy diary as I really am not very good at using the diary on my phone.  With all the other sections too that needed updating I thought perhaps I'd use it for quick Ellie's Treasures notes and ideas too, so everything will be in one place.

I've had a new product idea which, for now I'll keep close to my chest, but the first thing I want to update is my packaging.  Currently all my items are wrapped in tissue with ribbon decoration, but I'm thinking of moving towards using envelopes for my key rings and brooches that can also hold a little printed note and a business card.  That way everything will be sealed together in one neat little package and I'll decorate it with a tasteful something or other on the front or back.

There's plenty of small A6 envelopes on ebay to get me started, and I've discovered riky and nina who sell extremely cute stickers and Miss Honeybird who sells pretty stamps.  Ooh, the ideas, the ideas ....

1 comment:

noodleBubble said...

Happy New Year. Love fresh ideas... filofaxes are fab with everything in UNTIL you can't find it. Guard it well! noodleBubble