Tuesday 31 December 2013

Christmas down-time

Ellie's Treasures enjoyed a busy Christmas period and it was, as always, lovely to see my items winging their way around the country, and across the pond, to be enjoyed by their new owners.  Many, many thanks for my customers and readers, I do hope you've all had a super festive season.

Sewing new items came to a halt since Christmas began so I could concentrate on a special present for my Dad - a pair of hand warmers. Little rice bags heated for a few seconds in the microwave and popped inside a couple of cotton hand sized bags, will help to keep his mitts warm this winter.  I was really pleased with how they turned out, looking very neat and "hand sized", and very effective in their job.    Stupidly I forgot to take a photo of them before wrapping, but perhaps I'll make another pair sometime to show you.  I wonder if they'd sell well in my shop?

It's been lovely for Katie to enjoy some daylight hours with Jay.  Weather hasn't been fabulous but she's managed to ride quite a few times and she, together with the yard owner, went out for a hack just before Christmas.  Needless to say the blustery wind made both ponies rather spooky, so the hack wasn't quite as long and pleasurable as it could have been!
 photo Jaychristmas.jpg
Christmas has seen parties, quiet days and family get-togethers.  Poppy certainly got into the spirit of things, managing to sniff out her presents from the large pile under the tree and loving every moment of opening and playing with them afterwards.
 photo Poppychristmas.jpg
Boxing day saw me cooking a very large turkey with all the trimmings for some of the family.  All went to plan (thanks to my detailed timetable) and after all the eating three generations of "lads" played a game or two of Tetris on the playstation!
 photo familychristmas.jpg
Wishing you all a very happy New Year.  Lets hope 2014 brings you all good health, happiness and a chance to do all those things you've longed to do.
 photo newyear.gif


No comments: