Saturday 16 March 2013

Now isn't this something?

Last weekend I had a bit of a surprise.  I came across Laura of All Things Arty via my face book page.  She posted a status asking for some drawing inspiration so I suggested she drew a horse and attached a recent picture of Jay.  As I was getting ready to go out to the yard in the evening, I clicked on facebook for an update and spotted this in my timeline:
All Things Arty - Jay
What a fabulous surprise!  For one, I hadn't expected to see a follow up from Laura with her drawing and secondly I thought if she was going to use my inspiration it would be to simply draw a horse, not to draw Jay.  I was a little overwhelmed - there was our fella on my timeline in all his gorgeousness!
All Things Arty
Do pop over and take a look at Laura's page and photos - she accepts commissions and has an amazing array of beautiful work from hand painted signs, birth keepsakes and boxes, fun painted pebbles and stunning detailed drawings and paintings of animals and people. All Things Arty - painted pebbles
Seeing Jay's drawing really put a smile on my face and made my weekend and Laura very kindly said she'd send me a copy to keep.  Can't wait to have it and frame it for all to see.
All Things Arty
Thank you Laura x

No comments: