Tuesday 12 March 2013

Mother's Day

I hope all mums out there had a special day last Sunday. I was treated to a yummy breakfast cooked by Paul first thing before heading out to the yard. It was a lovely treat, although I don't think Katie and Ben liked the idea of getting up 1/2 hour earlier than normal to eat it! Ben and Paul cooked home made pizza for evening dinner, and Katie made a deliciously sweet banoffee pie. They know me so well - the way to my heart is certainly through my stomach!!

Ellie's Treasures - money, voucher pouch
I made this voucher/money pouch for my mum as a Mother's Day gift as she thought the one I made before was a good idea and apparently she has a lot of vouchers and notes to carry around!  The one I made for her has gussets at the sides to make it wider and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It took quite a while to complete and at one point, close to finishing, I realised one side was completely upside down! Anyway, mum was really chuffed with it and has asked for another for her other handbag!
Ellie's Treasures - money, voucher pouch

Would love to hear what you all got or gave or did for Mother's Day - comment below if you want to share.

 fox photo fox.gif

2 comments:

sweetbriardreams said...

Your Mother's Day sounded lovely. I was treated to flowers, chocolates and a date with Daniel Craig (alas only on screen!). Mr Teenager then treated me to his first ever roast beef dinner. The sounds coming from the kitchen sounded organised so I didn't have to intervene once! So proud of him. It's nice to be pampered once a year isn't it?!! Take care. Chel x

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Hehe to Daniel Craig - very nice! It certainly is lovely to be pampered - could do with it more often :0)

Elaine