Monday 25 March 2013

The end of this week is ...

Easter!  Bli, where is the time flying to?  No sign yet of sunshine and warmth - blizzards and ice are still very much on the weather agenda.  The poor daffs in the fields around us are at half the height of last year and have remained in bud for weeks.  Mind you, we've had snow at Easter before.  I remember, soon after moving here, I put out loads of mini eggs in the garden on the Saturday only to find it had snowed heavily overnight and we couldn't find them again for our Easter Sunday egg hunt.  As the year progressed I'd keep finding them hidden in special places as I did my weeding!!

I've used a gorgeous and very detailed tibetan silver bunny and egg charm in a couple of special Easter brooches - both are available to buy at Ellie's Treasures.

Ellie's Treasures

Ellie's Treasures

To bring you some Easter cheer (and because there's still time to purchase), I thought I'd show you a few  Easter items that I've come across from UK sellers on Folksy and Etsy.  As always, click on the picture to go to the relevant shop.  Hope you all have a lovely long weekend (and enjoy any chocolate that you've treated yourself to!).

by Heidi
by Heidi

Hand Made by Natalija
Hand Made by Natalija

Kittiwake Design
Kittiwake Design

Grace Favours
Grace Favours

Maisie Moo Crafts
Maisie Moo Crafts

3 comments:

Helen Smith said...

I'm rather taken with the crazy crochet chickens!

Unknown said...

Hey Ellie, Thank you so much for featuring my Easter Bunny Mask :-) I love your brooches and can well imagine the state of any choccie eggs hidden in the garden this year!! Have a lovely long weekend. Simmi x

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Thanks for dropping by ladies.

Helen, I have to agree, they're rather fun aren't they?