Tuesday 7 June 2011

New at Ellie's Treasures

I've been a busy bee lately making new stock for Ellie's Treasures. With everything else that's been going on (school work, revision for exams, and general everyday life), I'm quite impressed with myself for actually putting aside some quality sewing time most evenings (with the help of a few tweets too to keep me going!).

Do you remember the Patchy I made for a friend's pre-school raffle? Well, I thought it so pretty, I decided to make one for the shop. It's the first time I've used the same materials to make a Patchy that's pratically the same as another! I generally like to produce things that are one-offs but I so loved this one I just had to make another to offer for sale. The only difference with this Patchy is that I've used a button and elastic to secure it, rather than ribbon ties.

Ellie's Treasures

I've been making new brooches too. 
Ellie's Treasures
Pretty bunting is all the rage at the momemt, and I'm not surprised. Little triangles cut from scraps of gorgeous fabrics can brighten up any room, garden, or in this case, brooch! I adore these little ceramic cat buttons; such cheeky grins!  Size approx: 5.5cm wide x 5cm high.

Ellie's Treasures
Here we have "Apple tree cottage" - sunshine, green trees, rosy red apples - ooh how I'd love to live in this little cottage!  Size approx: 4.5cm wide x 3.5cm high.

No comments: