Monday 29 November 2010

Snow - Y E S!

Sorry, I just do so love the snow and I was a bit fed up last week when we didn't get any.  As it happens, we certainly have it now.  Not huge amounts (we can still see the tips of the grass), but it's enough to keep me very happy.
Photobucket
Today we snowballed and made a snow man, which later turned into a snow dog.  I provided the two chunks of snow, Ben did the carving - pretty good I think.
Photobucket
Poppy seemed to love it all too, playing snow ball catch - not too much I hasten to add as eating huge amounts of cold snow isn't, I guess, that good for dogs!
Photobucket
Living in an area that's completely flat isn't particularly fabulous for sledging, so after lunch we drove up to the marshes where Katie and Ben were able to use the sleigh down the small banks by the marsh edge.  It was freezing by now, and the wind had seriously picked up, with snow clouds on the horizon.
Photobucket
We headed back home to the warmth (warmth?  It was 2 degrees in the kitchen) and we've had an afternoon of big snow flurries - brilliant.
Photobucket

More snow to come I hear!

No comments: