Sunday, 2 May 2010

From the doggy's mouth ...

Poppy The mummy and family have taken me out for a few lovely walks this week. The weather's been great for walks, none of that awful wind and rain, can't be doing with all that. The first walk was by one of the drains that leads to the Nene that flows into The Wash. The word "drains" sounds awful doesn't it? Actually it's like a big ditch and sadly there was hardly any water in it for a good old swim. Mind you, I wasn't even going to try and get down those steep slopes however much the mummy suggested I try! We all settled down with what the mummy called a mid-afternoon picnic. You call that a picnic! I thought there'd be a yummy selection of tasty morsels for me, but no, there was only chocolate bars and lemonade for them and an apple for me. I didn't complain as the ball came along with us too - I got lots of chase and fetch practise in. It was quite good fun running through the long grass to find the ball and I didn't even lose it.

Yesterday the mummy said we'd take a trip out to Sandringham park before visiting the V.E.T. for some chips. I liked the sound of that, although I've never had chips before, not here anyway, but I know they're food so chips must be good. The journey to the park seemed a long way and the sun was hot in the car. I kept moving all over the place so much that the mummy stopped the car to let me out for a wee. She didn't realise I was just REALLY excited. We made it there and had a great walk and ball play and I even found a fabulous oily swamp to wander through. The mummy thought this was fab as I'd changed from white to dark brown but then she suddenly realised about the V.E.T. visit and began to panic. I was itching to get to the chips place but everyone else wanted an ice-cream beforehand. I couldn't believe they'd forgotten to buy me one or even bring me something yummy for my snack. Instead I had to put on my gorgeous face and sit right next to everyone's ice-cream tubs just hoping for a smidgen of a morsel. I did manage to persuade the mummy to give me a tiny bit and I also got to lick the lids. After a hasty quick wash down with a couple of bottles of water we were off for the chips.

The chips place turned out to be some big store where my people went in and then came out again with a huge bag of dog food. I guessed it is for me, although I know Allie the cat has taken a liking to it too (perhaps that's why they've bought such a large bag). Then it was my turn to go into the store and see the chips person, the V.E.T.. I was such a good girl and didn't get side-tracked at all by the bunnies, the wonderful food smells and the squeeky toys. The V.E.T. lady put me on some funny runway thing and everyone seemed to want to fuss and pet me. Apparently I'm 17.5 [kg] although I thought I was only 7 [year's old], where did those years go? Then I met another V.E.T. who really seemed to take a shine to me. She had a large jar of biscuits for me to try. I kept spitting bits of them out which was my cunning plan to try a bit of each variety! After lots more fussing and petting she had the nerve to jab me in the neck, I've no idea why. I've now got this annoying green tag around my neck which jangles against my name tag so much I reckon Father Christmas will get woken by it. Apparently that was the chip - not tasty at all - in fact I think I've been lead up the garden path a bit. At least now I can be found if I decide to get lost at some point.

Quite an eventful day in all, especially as I got a bath out of it at the end and a sleep by a roaring fire.
Bath time

No comments: