Tuesday 20 May 2014

I'm still here ... honest!

Wisbech Craft Centre, Cambridgeshire
With both online shops put into holiday mode for 3 weeks now, you may be wondering what's happened to Ellie's Treasures.  Well, the opportunity to sell my goodies in a "bricks and mortar" shop came up at the end of April so I seized the moment and rented a shelf to display my items alongside other fabulously creative folk at the The Wisbech Craft Centre, Cambridgeshire.

Rather than spend weeks making new stock, I decided to temporarily put my shops with Etsy and Folksy on hold and concentrate on stocking my new shelf.  My evenings and any free time have been spent making, making, making to boost my supply, as my initial stock looked a little lost to begin with!  I'm loving it, but my fingertips are getting a little sore.

celebration brooches
A new range, celebration brooches.

I went in today to add my new items and completely forgot to take a photo of my shelf, although I did take a photo of the craft centre welcome sign.  Was over-the-moon to find I'd had a couple of sales in the 3 weeks my shelf as been "live" - big bonus.

This Saturday, the centre are holding a craft fair with a huge amount of tables destined to edge the perimeter of the building as well as Norfolk Owls attending and a bouncy castle to keep the children happy. As the actual centre will be open too, people will certainly be spoilt for choice with the variety of special items available to buy.

I think I have a bit of a routine going now with regard to making new lovelies so hopefully I'll be able to restock Ellie's Treasures, Etsy and Folksy within a couple more weeks - I already have one new vintage 70s fabric wallet ready to list!

Of course, I'm still available to make special orders so please don't hesitate to get in touch if there's something you're after - just click the envelope button at the side of this blog.


No comments: