Sunday 11 November 2012

Customer orders

I've been pretty busy lately working on a customer order of Christmas themed hand appliques needed to adorn knitted cushions that my customer is making for presents.

I made nine appliques in the end ready for her to choose which she'd prefer.  I was really pleased with them all, and found the whole process a little different and great fun, even though it is quite time consuming!

Here's the nine that I finished.  My favourites are the Santa, Christmas pudding, stocking and angel.  Funnily enough the very two, bell and bauble, which I thought would be the easiest to compile were actually the hardest and ended up my least favourite!
Ellie's Treasures

I also made a special owl and pussycat brooch for the same customer - she requested it to go on a hat she was knitting as a birthday gift.

Ellie's Treasures

I'm more than happy to do special orders for people.  If you see something listed at Ellie's Treasures that's not quite what you're after - perhaps you'd prefer a specific colour, size or shape, or you have an idea but need someone to turn it into reality, then please do get in touch.  I would never have gone ahead and tried hand applique if it hadn't of been for Juls, my customer, and probably would never have through of "The Owl and the Pussy Cat" for a brooch either!


No comments: