Sunday 19 June 2011

A bit of good luck ...

is a bit fitting for us at the moment!  My daughter very bravely took her first GCSE this month, at age 14.  She's been studying very hard for the last 12 months in order to sit her Foundation Maths before the syllabus changes to a three paper exam (a syllabus is updated every few years).  Maths isn't her strong point and I'm extremely proud that's she worked so hard and progressed so well to reach where she has reached.  It was also lovely that she was able to sit the exam with her best friend, as well as a few others from our local home ed group - made the whole thing a little more enjoyable.

With all the well wishers sending good luck cards it made me think about something I could make for Ellie's Treasures that would be suitable as a good luck gift.  I'd bought some extremely cute hand made polymer clay cat head buttons from Pat of Pat's Paraphernalia on Folksy and immediately knew I'd use them to make lucky black cats! 

We went away for a relaxing break in North Yorkshire last week (I'll blog about that next), and I packed some sewing to do while I was there.  Here is my black cat item; a felt and 70s floral fabric heart generously filled with lavender picked from my garden last Autumn.  The idea of "Miaow mew" (transl. "lucky wishes") came to me as I was lying in bed (this often happens) - I think it just adds a little quicky touch to the whole idea!  Other lucky black cat items under the "Miaow mew" range will be appearing very soon.

Ellie's Treasures

1 comment:

patsparaphernalia said...

What a lovely idea Elaine, and I have never seen my buttons put to a better use! I just love it, so hope others do too!
Pat x