Thursday 28 September 2017

"Just a Card Day"

Today is a special day for those that support the "Just A Card" campaign.  Set up by artist and designer Sarah Hamilton, the campaign helps to promote awareness of supporting small creative businesses.  The campaign got its name when Sarah saw a quote by store keepers at a gallery that had sadly had to close - "if everyone who'd complimented our beautiful gallery had bought "just a card" we'd still be open". 

Many people who browse the work of independent artists and designers perhaps haven't thought about the amount of time, energy and cost that goes into producing their unique creations. On top of this there are also fees to exhibit their goods, whether in a gallery, fair, shop or online.  For me, every sale, however small, that I receive has not only helped me financially but has boosted my confidence to stay on my creative path.  Each sale whispers that someone believes in me and my work and this belief encourages me to continue to design and sew new items for Ellie's Treasures

By supporting independent small business, you will not only be putting a smile of appreciation on the face of the seller but also on the face of the receiver as they realise they have not only purchased something special, they have also helped to strengthen the community of unique small business owners and independent artists and makers.

If you would like to support "Just A Card" please click the logo at the side of my blog for more information.  You can also following "Just A Card" on instagram and twitter.

1 comment:

Teodora Paintings said...

It is so true, isn't it, every sale, however small, counts - I have a lovely collection of cards from artists I admire.