Monday 9 December 2013

Last posting dates and spending my pennies

The Cyber Monday cut price sale was a big hit in my Etsy shop.  It was great to see people purchasing hand made gifts and lovely to think that my creations are winging their way to many different homes.  There is still free 1st class UK post on all my items until the end of December, don't miss out, prices will change in the New Year.

This week, I've been working on a special brooch for a customer who found me via my Facebook page.  She'd purchased the fairy toadstool brooch and requested something for her son along the lines of a rocket, castle or teddy bear.  Having found some fabulous castle charms online I suggested a castle brooch with yellow flowers and sun, as this was her son's favourite colour.
Ellie's Treasures

I'm currently listening to a whole mixed bunch of different tunes through the PC that hubs put together for a forthcoming party.  It's quite a collection, with some I swiftly turn down the volume and others I crank it up!!  There's tunes I haven't heard in a very long time, like the current one playing, Mark Knopfler's "Coming Home" (from the film, "Local Hero").  Apparently there's 10 hours of tunes on the "party list", perhaps he thinks the party will go into the early hours!

So, last posting dates, as taken from the Royal Mail site.  As most of my items mail to the UK and US I'll just print those dates:

Friday, 13th December for USA and the morning of Friday 20th December for UK 1st class.  Of course this doesn't actually guarantee delivery on time, but I'm sure RM will do their upmost to get packages delivered in time for Christmas!

Out shopping this week for those little extra bits and bobs, sweets, chocolates and the odd stocking filler, I popped in to The Range to find a dog toy for Poppy to unwrap on Christmas morning.  I promised hubs and the kids (who were waiting in the car) that I'd be just a moment.  Well, I got side-tracked by the vast crafting section and discovered a host of wonderful ribbons and lace at amazing prices.  Took me far more than a moment to decide what to spend my pennies on.  Came away with these in the end, to add to my growing collection.  Have already used some lace on my current dolphin brooch - will post about that next time.

Ellie's Treasures

No comments: