Tuesday 19 November 2013

My latest fabric wallet ...

... thought I'd show it off to you, hope you don't mind.  As each wallet takes me so long to put together, I always feel very pleased once the final stitch has been stitched and the end result is just as I'd hoped.
Ellie's Treasures
As always, I've used fabrics from my big stash.  I'm loving these bright, bold fabrics that my mother-in-law handed over to me (brought over to England from the Far East in the 1970s).  In this case the black with vibrant emerald green and deep yellow and orange patterned cotton makes a fabulous statement, teamed with a subtle but equally lovely white linen with blue and green flower and leaves.  The linen was originally a napkin given to me by my Mum - she's had the set since the late 50s early 60s.
Ellie's Treasures
Hand cut to my own template and completely hand stitched, the wallet is fully interfaced and lined.  It features a zipped section for coins, large open area for paper money and four credit card or store card slots.
Being a tri-fold wallet, it folds up neatly to become a perfect size to fit nicely in your hand.  Secured with a strap and velcro fastening.
Ellie's Treasures

No comments: