Tuesday 6 August 2013

A shop front update

Before I blog some lovely sunset pictures, I thought I'd give you a quick update on what I've been making for Ellie's Treasures.

After the success of the two new style wallets that I made after our holiday in Bristol, I grabbed two new fabrics to make another (which has now sold too!).  I love the green paisley/floral fabric in this wallet (started life as a pair of capri shorts for Katie - only have a little left now) and teamed it up with the linen/cotton mix grey (a unwanted pair of trousers from my wardrobe).
Ellie's Treasures
Now this one has also sold I'd best crack on with another one (or two perhaps).  Have found some pretty fabric combinations which I'll be cutting out ready to sew in the next few days.

Also, new to Ellie's Treasures, is this mixed media tree silhouette picture.  Using a combination of fabrics, felt, ribbons and embellishments, this framed 9 x 6.5cm piece of art is perfect for Autumn - lots of lovely warm colours.
Ellie's Treasures
Lastly, after a rummage in my work box I found a bag of strong plastic charms that I believe were given to Katie by a friend on her 5th birthday.  As she no longer wants them I decided to start using them in my work as they are rather cute.  I've used this fish and starfish to make an underwater scene felt brooch. Ellie's Treasures

No comments: