Monday 26 March 2012

A few favourite picks from Folksy

I'm constantly adding new and wonderful handmade lovelies to my favourites list on Folksy, and it's been a while since I shared some of them with you.  I've picked 6 wonderful items here.  Just click on the photograph to be cyber-zoomed to the relevant shop.

Dottery Pottery
Here we have a fun "Tweet" brooch. I'm a huge fan of Twitter and I know there's many, many others out there that are equally as hooked as me. My evenings are often spent juggling between watching TV, sewing and tweeting at the same time. Needless to say, tweeting seems to take top priority over the other two!

Fun Badges
We have two Landrovers (yes, a bit greedy I know). One is well and truly off the road and has been pushed towards the side of the garden, currently used to house cut up logs for the fire and the occasional Kanda cat, a lover of warm, wood smelling places it seems! Our other Landrover is used as our second car. It's a fab fun vehicle and we enjoy driving her/him (as yet to be decided) around. Unfortunately it managed to spring a leak after the freezing weather - it turned out to be a broken radiator. Hubs managed to fix it a couple of weeks ago - yay!

Lucy's Cards
This is such a simple, heart warming card, in fact all of Lucy's Cards are splendid. I had ear-marked a cool "new home" card to feature, but, not surprisingly, it's now sold. There are many people in my life at the moment that I'm thinking of daily - so this card is rather fitting for me at the mo.

Rachel Elliott Glassworks
Easter is just around the corner and although sadly my children see it as a time to gorge on lots of chocolate there is indeed far more to Easter than that! We are seeing numerous hares chasing across the fields near us at the moment - it's a wonderful sight at any time of day, but especially first thing in the morning when often the Barn Owls are out too looking for their breakfast.  This sculpture seems to bring a beautiful freshness.

The Crafty Warren
And with Easter comes Spring and warmer days (certainly experiencing them at the moment), pretty flowers and a hope of good things. This charming bracelet is absolutely perfect for welcoming the Spring and Summer months.

Seriously Minis by The Italian Gf
With warmer weather in mind, eating yummy tea and cakes alfresco has to be on the agenda! These darling lemon cheesecake earrings, although sadly cannot be eaten(!), are just perfect for Summer and would make anyone crave a slice of cake.

No comments: